Currently, our services are online-only. BUT... when we return to worshiping in person (in the sanctuary), there are the guidelines that we will follow.
Here are the protocols that you will want to know about, prior to coming to church.
- If you, or anyone in your household, has any of the symptoms of Covid-19, PLEASE do not come to church. Our services will continue to be made available online; so you can continue to join us in that way until you are feeling better. If you do experience any of those symptoms, please be checked (and cleared) by a medical professional before you attend church.
- The church sanctuary will be sectioned off, prior to your arrival. An usher will show you to your designated "space".
- The doors will be open, so that you will not have to touch anything on your way in- or out- of the building.
- Once inside the building, there will be tables on which the following will be placed: bulletins, devotionals (for you to take home), hand sanitizer, tissues, masks (if you want one but didn't bring one) and a place for you to put your offering into. You are encouraged to wear a mask, especially if you feel that you may be at any kind of risk.
- Hymnals will not be used. All of the liturgy will be printed out in the bulletins (as it is now). In fact, you can even use the bulletin from the church's web page (on your phone), if you prefer. After the service, bulletins may be thrown away... or, better: taken home (so that you can pray for our members listed there). But they will NOT be re-used.
- Communion will be celebrated in this way: each family unit will be called up (individually) and take their place in front of (not at) the Communion rail. At that time, the bread and wine will be placed on a cloth on the rail. Then you will be welcomed to the Table and "communed". After you are dismissed from the Table, an Elder will dispose of the cloth and sanitize the railing in preparation for the next family.
- After the service, worshipers will be directed to leave in an orderly fashion and go directly to their cars. Unfortunately, we cannot have any kind of socialization inside the church building. If members choose to visit, it should be done outside while following all appropriate social-distancing recommendations.
- Between the services, the sanctuary will be sanitized, following the recommended procedures.